Calling all fanboys and fangirls! The 2007 Amgen Tour of California needs volunteers to help run the race. There's a lot of grunt work involved, but some of these -- like "Medical Control" -- look like a lot of fun!
Course Marshals – Assigned adesignated area along the race course to assist with the coordinationand safety of the field of play for all race venues; keep the courseclear of pedestrians, spectators, cars, etc; PR Ambassador: keepspectators informed.
Hospitality– Assist with set up/tear down of hospitality/expo areas and check-inat venues in start or finish cities: IMPORTANT that individual isfamiliar with host city and local government officials, VIP’s, etc.
- StartCities: Assist with LOC Hospitality Tent decoration (flowers, tableskirts, etc), Work check-in (credentials); meet and greet localguests/VIP’s.
- Finish Cities: Assist with LOC HospitalityTent decoration (flowers, table skirts, etc), Assist Tour HospitalityCoordinator work check-in (credentials); meet and greet localguests/VIP’s.
- Start Cities: Assist with distribution of media credentials at Media Check-in.
- FinishCities: Assist Tour Media Operations staff in the Media Office: Assist with Credential distribution, Serve as “runners”, assist withgeneral Q&A and office set-up.
- Athlete escorts to and from Medical Tent for post-race testing. Security
–Assist Tour Security Staff with access-control, including on-course,hospitality, awards, green room and press conference. Will be providedspecial Security T-shirt. Site Decoration/Restoration
– Assist Logistics Crew with hanging and tear-down of banners: on-course, hospitality, etc. Broken into Two Shifts (Morning Set-up and Load-in:2 hrs.; Afternoon Breakdown 2 hrs.). Lifestyle Festival EXPO
–Assist Tour Lifestyle Festival Staff with Expo coordination: guidevendors and Exhibitors to their tents for set-up; assist with Festivallogistics as needed; assist with Marketing activities in EXPO. Brokeninto Two Shifts (Morning Set-up and Load-in:2 hrs.; AfternoonRunners/Activities and Breakdown 2 hrs.). Sweepstakes/Economic Impact Surveyors
- Responsible for ensuring each person attending the Festival is aware of our Sweepstakes and has had a chance to enter. This position assists the onsite Survey/Sweepstakes Coordinator both pre and post-Festival.
Volunteer Check-in – Assist Volunteer Coordinator with set-up, check-in/registration and deployment.
Click here to sign up. Hat tip to Biking Bis.
technorati tags:amgen, tour+of+california, toc, volunteer