First of all — the regular San Jose to Palo Alto group commute is off tomorrow(Friday) and next week, though you’re free to do this on your own if you’d like, of course.
REI and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall of 5,200 Novara Afterburner Trailer Bicycles. The children’s trailer bicycle can detach from the adult bicycle, posing a fall hazard to children.
I hate it when that happens.
More news from the bicycle blog-o-sphere
- BusinessWeek sez: It’s the year of the cruiser bike. Treadly and me has this to say: People love bikes. Just give them something simple, reliable and relatively cheap, and they’ll jump aboard.
- Bicycle Design is two years old!
- Floyd Landis lost his appeal and is found guilty. Floyd gets a two year suspension from pro cycling and is stripped of his Yellow Jersey from the Tour de France.
- Surprise surprise! A new study shows that motorists don’t pay their way. But we already knew that. It’s a worthwhile read, as are the comments that follow.
- We Americans are getting too fat for our automobiles! “Many five-passenger vehicles are rated about 850 pounds, maxxing out if their five occupants weigh more than 170 pounds each. Six 200-pounders would overload the seven-passenger Dodge Grand Caravan minivan.”
- On Helmet Safety: They’re good against bear attacks.
- G-Ted: Interbike 2007 preview.
- On 650B MTB: Go Clipless says “Please kill it.”
- Freewheeling on ingesting bugs.
That’s all I have time for now. Salud!