The United States spends almost one billion dollars every day on imported crude oil and petroleum products. I disabled the Energy Use widget shortly after the New Year -- after seeing 10 digit values on the 2nd day I figured I had an arithmetic error of some kind in the code. I couldn't imagine that we actually send that much money overseas every day of the year so I assumed the code was wrong.
I went back to the official numbers from the US Department of Energy and confirmed that we indeed spent $900,000 every day on imported petroleum and petroleum products. I've changed the code a little (removed some extraneous calculations and slowed the timer interval to ease the burden on your computer), but other than that the arithmetic is unchanged from before.