Cyclist spontaneously combusts

Cyclelicious Shop
Bicycle Lights - Wald Baskets - Dahon - Strida
Loading


IMPORTANT: This content is deprecated. Please visit the new CYCLELICIOUS 2.0.
Sunday, March 02, 2008
By Yokota Fritz


Perhaps Mr. Mieczyslaw Jasinski should consider lycra bike shorts, which don't chafe quite so much, or maybe he needs to wipe the grease off of his chain. Jasinski was Just Riding Along when he smelled burning and looked down to see his pants had caught on fire.

A police spokesman said: “Witnesses said he was like a flaming human torch cycling along the road.

“We do not know how it happened but we have heard that it could have been caused by a reaction between friction as he cycled, sweat and the material of his trousers.”

Read more about this cycling human torch here and here. Big props to Biking Bis for this important safety news.

Labels:



    IMPORTANT: Please post comments for this article at the new CYCLELICIOUS 2.0 version of this page.
Comments:
I'll have to suspend my riding to work in my work clothes on dry winter days until they announce the kind of material his pants were made of...and I check the labels on my pants. Jeez.
 
Or he accidentally tossed a cigarette butt into his trouser cuff.
 
Post a Comment



Links to this post:

Create a Link

Blog Widget by LinkWithin Cyclelicious Home




Scotts Valley Cycle Sport

Scotts Valley Cycle Sport Santa Cruz California


YEN

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]