2. That Takes the Cake at Fillmore and Union (checkpoint, no cupcakes)
3. Fort Mason (checkpoint, no cupcakes)
4. Trader Joes ("bourbon vanilla" is the secret ingredient in vanilla cake mix)
5. States St. Park (checkpoint, no cupcake)
6. Citizen Cake Kiosk (behind locked metal gates at 4th and Bryant).
I never did get to Jackson Playground, Alamo Square Park, Bow and Arrow or an SF Public Library as I didn't bring a light and wanted to catch the 5 PM Caltrain. I did enjoy the hills on Fillmore and Steiner. Plus I saw lots of styling fixies and got to ride with "Hayward" and the fellow with blond dreads and woolen mouse ears.
Oh, and I forgot to mention: I didn't eat any cupcakes. Apparently the organizers were expecting about 50 entrants and I suspect that there were more like 300. I was offered a cupcake when I first showed up at the Bike Kitchen at 12:15, but like a fool I turned it down since I figured the checkpoints would have lots to offer as time bonuses. That was the last cupcake I saw all day!