As I reported last month, Caltrain renamed their much maligned Bicycle Master Plan the “Bicycle Access and Parking Plan.” The draft version of Caltrain’s Bicycle Access and Parking Plan is now available online. Previously, you had to be on the Silicon Valley Board of Directors to see this plan.
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition response to this proposed “Access and Parking Plan” highlights the lack of any thought at all to increase capacity on board. At a recent Caltrain Joint Powers Board meeting, several train riding bicyclists spoke up to the Directors on the need to increase bike capacity.
Thank you to Murph for this news. Related:
- Caltrain Tweets mentioned in the SF Examiner.
- Caltrain news and updates.
- Caltrain bike car updates to your phone.
- Green Caltrain.
- Caltrain bike master ‘plan’.
- Geek & Sarah take Caltrain & BART to San Francisco, bike to IMAX Metreon, watch “The Dark Knight,” return to their bikes to find Sarah’s bike is stolen.