Chicago bike parking locations

This is amazing: The Chicago Department of Transportation created what looks to me like a stunningly useful Chicago bike parking locator.

Chicago Bike Rack info

To find bike parking, you enter a ZIP code, Ward, community area, CTA station or Metra station and you see a map of nearby bike parking along with transit facilities and bike shops in the area. It’s pretty cool.

Props to Steve Vance for the heads up on this.

• Steven Vance
    November 24, 2009 - 4:35 am | Permalink

So I can tell everybody why I think this is useful (I mean, I developed to fulfill a need), but I would love to hear why others think this is (or might be) useful.

• Steven Vance
    November 24, 2009 - 4:35 am | Permalink

• Steven Vance
    November 23, 2009 - 9:35 pm | Permalink

• Ron
    November 24, 2009 - 5:04 am | Permalink

Sounds similar to another initiative taken by FixCity.org that lets users locate desired locations for bike racks in NYC. Check it out : http://fixcity.org/Oh Fritz, and I'm on Twitter (lol). Follow CyclingBee

• Ron
    November 24, 2009 - 5:04 am | Permalink

• Ron
    November 23, 2009 - 10:04 pm | Permalink

Oh Fritz, and I'm on Twitter (lol). Follow CyclingBee

• Viky
    November 24, 2009 - 3:10 pm | Permalink

Really nice to see this. There are so many bike parkings available! Oh my got. I dont find so many car parkings in my country.

• Viky