Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph

Today’s weather forecast for the San Francisco Bay Area is code for “a really fast bike ride this evening.” I even saw mention of possible gusts to 40 mph.

Confidential to Murph: Leave a little early so you don’t miss your train.

• SiouxGeonz
    April 3, 2009 - 12:04 pm | Permalink

Snork. That's news?

Oh, yea, there :)

• SiouxGeonz
    April 3, 2009 - 7:04 pm | Permalink

Snork. That's news? Oh, yea, there :)

April 3, 2009 - 12:35 pm | Permalink

I forget how windy it is in the Midwest sometimes :-) I moved away from Illinois in 2001.

April 3, 2009 - 7:35 pm | Permalink

• Tony Rocha
    April 3, 2009 - 1:10 pm | Permalink

sounds like a perfect day to hit up Sherman Island, Crissy Field, or Coyote Point and bust out some duckjibes on the ole' windsurfboard with a nice 5 meter sail.

• Tony Rocha
    April 3, 2009 - 8:10 pm | Permalink

• murphstahoe
    April 3, 2009 - 2:18 pm | Permalink

dude you lived in Illinois too?

Are you stalking me?

ILL

• murphstahoe
    April 3, 2009 - 9:18 pm | Permalink

dude you lived in Illinois too?Are you stalking me?ILL

April 3, 2009 - 2:58 pm | Permalink

April 3, 2009 - 9:58 pm | Permalink

You knew that, Murph. I lived in Champaign County in Sidney, out between Philo (the center of the universe) and Homer and not far from the huge Frito Lay grain facility. I used to ride my bike 25 miles to work on the north side of Champaign before I got a gig much closer in Savoy before I got a nice "work from home with travel" gig before I got laid off and moved to Colorado.

• Ed W
    April 3, 2009 - 3:25 pm | Permalink

Enjoy your breezy day!

• Ed W
    April 3, 2009 - 10:25 pm | Permalink

It's been a little windy here in Oklahoma this week, Fritz. Ten to twenty is a nice, early morning kind of wind. It picks up through the day. By mid-afternoon, birds trying to land in Tulsa finally make it to a perch somewhere in Kansas. I can coast at almost 20 mph on the way home. Enjoy your breezy day!