Torker Cargo-T bicycle headset lock

The Torker Cargo-T bicycle from SBS has a headset lock. You twist the headset lock and it stabilizes the front by locking in the forks and basket. This “anti-wheel flop” device is especially handy if you have the front racks loaded with a basket and filled with goodies.

Torker Cargo-T headset lock

This is on the new Torker Cargo-T bicycle: a cargo bike with 4130 Chromoly frame and fork, step through frame, centerstand, chainguard and fenders, 3 speed Sturmey-Archer hub, coaster brake rear and roller brake up front. Available now from SBS through your Local Bike Shop. MSRP $639.99, one size fits most.

Torker Cargo-T centerstand

Torker Cargo-T bike

• Rob E.
    February 27, 2009 - 9:00 am | Permalink

That headset looks handy. Also looks threaded, so I guess it's not a part I can fit to my bike. I hope we get to hear more about this bike. It looks like a mixed bag. Overall it looks nice, good rack situation and comes stock with a cargo-friendly stand, but the bike itself looks so small that I have a hard time imagining it carrying much of a load. And if it could carry a lot, I would wonder if three speeds would be sufficient. Still, it's nice to see more innovation that's utility-focused, so I hope it does well.

• Rob E.
    February 27, 2009 - 4:00 pm | Permalink

February 27, 2009 - 10:42 am | Permalink

I Rob, I'm working to get my hands on one of these so watch for more details.

February 27, 2009 - 5:42 pm | Permalink

I Rob, I'm working to get my hands on one of these so watch for more details.

• Erikmar
    April 21, 2011 - 6:39 pm | Permalink

I ride one of these with a Yepp seat for my 40 lb. 4 year old. All in all, it’s a good value – it’s obviously meant to be a knockoff of the european cargo bikes like the workcycle FR8, with cheaper components to lower the price point. I’ve carried probably around 100 lbs total on it, including kid, and it seems plenty strong enough for more. I have two criticisms: the kickstand is not stable enough – the bike tips over too easily with the stand down; also, the headset lock is ratcheted plastic, so it’s not very strong – if the front rack is loaded, it’s pretty much useless.

• April 21, 2011 - 6:43 pm | Permalink

Hi Erik, thanks for that input on this bike. Torker licensed the design from Workcycles, hence the similarities :-)