What’s the inverse or opposite of sartorial and stylish? Slobby? Fred?
Every reader of Cyclelicious knows that I appreciate the growing trend of stylish clothing while riding, but I have a secret: I’ve never owned a single article of bespoke clothing. My office wear is usually crumpled cargo pants, a 10 year old wrinkled t-shirt featuring the logo of a dead high tech company, and bike socks. I gawk at bike riding women in fashionable skirts, but I secretly admire commuter Freds biking with your wool socks, sandals and Hawaiian shirt with the yellow slow-vehicle safety triangle pinned to your bike shorts.
I’d love to feature a photo of you, your clothing, and your bike if:
- If you like function over form, comfort over style, and cost is your primary consideration;
- If your bike apparel comes from Kmart, and Kohl’s is upscale;
- If you cruise garage sales and Goodwill for your athletic apparel;
- If bike style is rolling up a pant leg or wide yellow ankle straps;
- You favor tie dye, hairy legs, Hawaiian shirts, baggy shorts, jersey knit fabrics;
- You in an obnoxious Primal Wear bike jersey.
Leave a comment telling me how / where I can find this photo of you, and please leave your email address in the comment form so I can get in touch with you.