Gutter bunny facility!

Prefabricated concrete components fit into a roadside ditch for an instant sidepath / cycletrack.

Prefab concrete components fit into ditches for an instant bike path
Instant bike path: concrete covers for roadside drainage ditches

Prefab concrete bike path component

Dutch designer Jean-Paul de Garde invented these bike caissons to enable bike sidepath construction over a roadside ditch where lack of space would otherwise necessitate cutting down trees or additional land acquisition. Builders simply fit the prefabricated concreted components into an existing ditch for an instant bicycle sidepath.

From Fiets Beraad, via Ron @ Momentum Magazine.

• Jdmitch
    September 18, 2010 - 1:37 pm | Permalink

hey, you’ll want to check some of your code or advertisers… I’ve tried multiple browses on multiple computers and there are numerous warning redirects happening…

September 18, 2010 - 2:00 pm | Permalink

It must be the ads, because I use AdBlock, so I don’t have them load, and I’m not getting any redirects here.

September 18, 2010 - 2:06 pm | Permalink

Okay, just opened the page in Opera, which is running in a sandbox, and I get redirected instantly to www1[dot]trustedguard61[dot]co[dot]cc

A pop-up is telling me my computer may be under attack, and it wants me to click OK. Obviously, doing so would infect my computer (although, it’s sandboxed, so I could do it anyway and nothing would come of it).

Check your ads a.s.a.p., because I know a lot of people would fall for this. Everyone else, get Sandboxie, ‘cuz it’s a life saver. ;)

• September 18, 2010 - 4:51 pm | Permalink

THanks all for the heads up on this. Godaddy sites were all hacked yesterday through the hosting provider! I’m cleaning this up now and will post an update.

• art
    September 20, 2010 - 12:47 pm | Permalink

Clever, but what’s the cost per mile?

November 26, 2012 - 3:42 pm | Permalink

How do you clean inside it when it all gets silted up ?

• November 26, 2012 - 4:00 pm | Permalink

I imagine a catchbasin is installed to collect silt / leaves / trash, as in any other storm drain. Cleaning is likely more expensive than the dredging that’s done on open ditches.