Touchdown Taipei

Universal Constants: Bike Lanes Are (Apparently) For Parking

Made it into Taipei last night, and after a 14 hour flight here, I didn’t have enough cogency to put the words in order.  I did, however, have the energy for a bit of a walk.  Today’s agenda includes a brief look at Taipei (more time for that later), a flight to Taitung*, and a bit of recreation.**

But mostly, I want to ride my bicycle.

*Airport code “TTT”.  Alas, I was hoping for a team time trial.  I’d make Bev drag us all to the finish.

**and also, waiting for my soul to catch up.

• October 15, 2010 - 2:26 am | Permalink

For you next flight, look into the drug Modafinil. Talk to your doctor, it will virtual erase the feeling a jet lag, You can sleep on the plane all you want. but when you wake up, you will just be “Up”. There will be no lag. It’s worked wonders for me in the past. Especially if your going to be doing something “Active” over the next few days.

• October 15, 2010 - 2:32 am | Permalink

Man, I miss reading your blog for a few days and all of a sudden you’re in Taipei? Whoa.

• October 15, 2010 - 3:49 pm | Permalink

That’s not me — that’s Mark Blacknell in Taiwan, along with a few other people. I’ve changed the design to make the byline a little more obvious.

• October 15, 2010 - 4:47 pm | Permalink

Interesting tip — I didn’t know about that one. My usual travel routine is to exhaust myself on the first day so I can sleep that first night. After that I’m good to go for trips to Asia from the United States.

• October 16, 2010 - 8:49 pm | Permalink

I should have read it a little closer. It would have been cool though if you were off to ride Taipei.

Darryl

• October 16, 2010 - 9:29 pm | Permalink

Yep, Modafinil (aka Provigil) is a wonder drug. I generally try to avoid drugs and do things on my own, but this is a reliable backstop, with zero side effects (for me).

• October 16, 2010 - 9:29 pm | Permalink