I saw Valerie at the GT Bicycles booth with the Aerostream cruiser bike and asked her to describe the benefits of this bicycle. GT Bicycles Aerostream bicycle has some nice features differentiating it from other bikes in the cruiser bike category.
Valerie was kind enough to demonstrate some of the features of this bike:
- Gates carbon belt drive
- Shimano 3 speed hub
- Efficient and smooth rolling 700 x 47 tires
- Women’s model (shown) has a front basket for Valerie to store her pom poms. This front basket has a collapsible frame which is cheaper to ship (lowers dealer cost)
- Men’s model has rear racks and panniers.
- Unique rear triangle design eliminates the usual bolt off triangle used in other belt drive designs.
- Lightweight aluminum frame is stiffer, less clunky and lighter than your standard beach cruiser. Valerie let me ride her bicycle and I can report that it indeed provides a very nice and smooth ride.
As you can see, just sitting on the GT Aerostream automatically makes anybody at least 14% hotter. This is what Valerie looks like off of the bike:
…And here’s another photo of Valerie on the GT Aerostream:
Your mileage may vary.
Valerie also tells me that REI is now selling this bike and absolutely loves it.