Greetings Cycleicious community!
My name is Michael Edelstone and I’ll be posting occasionally about the interesting bicycle industry jobs I’ve discovered. Like Richard I’ll probably omit standard retail gigs or pedicabbing jobs unless they’re real flashy.
A little bit about me: I’ve been working in the bicycle industry since 2005. These days you’ll find me turning wrenches at Plano Cycling or on a North Texas trail with my dogs. Feel free to connect with me on Facebook or LinkedIn.
Right now there seems to be quite a few opportunities for graphic designers and technology enthusiasts in the bicycle biz. But there are some other interesting possibilities out there as well.
Graphic Design gigs:
- Mission Bicycle is a manufacturer and retail outlet selling locally made, affordable fixed gear frames. They’re good people. If you’re in the Bay Area, you can apply to be their full-time Graphic and Marketing Designer.
- Speaking of fixed gear bikes, CaraCi Bicycles is also seeking an In-House Graphic Designer.
- If you needed more evidence that the fixed gear trend hasn’t subsided, Pure Fix Cycles is also hiring a Full-time Graphic Designer. Or if you have some serious chops, you can apply to be their National Sales Manager.
- …and an unnamed waterproof bag manufacturer in Seattle is looking for a Graphic Artist Intern. I’m guessing this is a job at Detours.
- This sounds pretty cool: Resource Revival, an eclectic manufacturer of recycled bike art based in Mosier, Oregon, needs a Creative and Tech Savvy Administrative Assistant.
- If you happen to be a student at Eastern Kentucky University (Go Colonels!), you can pick up a part-time gig as the Campus Bike Mechanic.
- CycleLife USA is a half bike shop, half coffee shop deal in Washington D.C. They need a Barista who can compete in barista competitions and likes bicycles.
- AmeriCorps is hiring four paid volunteers to refurbish bicycles in the Tuscon area for the Pima Prevention Partnership, a micro-enterprise that sells refurbished bicycles to low-income community members.
- The American Society of Civil Engineers is hiring a Bicycle Program Manager for the Montgomery County, Maryland region.
- The City of Brownsville, Texas is looking for a Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator. Best tacos this side of the Rio Grande.
- OP3, a National MS Society partner and the logistics team behind the Bike MS Coastal and Vegas Challenge rides, is looking for an Event Coordinator to manage the operations of major fundraising events.
- Zagster, a startup focusing on turnkey bike rental systems for corporate campuses and large rental properties, is seeking a Director of Operations.
- Trek is hiring an entry-level Customer Service Representative based in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Um, yes please. Brush up on your Portuguese and check out the job over at the Trek Bikes career page under the Customer Service section.
That’ll do it for now. Thanks for reading and good luck!
Thanks for Posting this Michael. I am an avid cyclist, and I have been trying to find ways in the last year to make money doing what I love, or be more involved in the industry in general. I really appreciate the information, and it has motivated me further.
Not a problem, and I appreciate the feedback. Let me know if you’d like any more assistance. Happy hunting. – Edelstone