Australian Bicycle Blogs for 2013.
Happy Straya Day!
Australia Day officially happens tomorrow, but today is already tomorrow on the other side of the Date Line Down Under.
The Tour Down Under stage race completes this Sunday. Tour organizers say record crowds have lined the stage routes as host cities combine race day activities with Australia Day festivities. You can find Tour Down Under results and photos over at Cycling Tips, which is the personal but nicely done road cycling website by fan-boy Wade Wallace. Wade lives in Melbourne, not Wollongong, which is unfortunate since he invites us to be creative about his name.
Here’s my list of Australian bike blogs I occasionally view. Enjoy!
- My long time favorite, Treadly and Me, is all about commuting by bike in Melbourne.
- Dutch transplant Sue Abbott blogs at Freedom Cyclist, where she campaigns against New South Wales’ mandatory helmet law.
- Joyce Watts sells “stylish cycling gear” in Australia and blogs about her products at Cycle Style Australia.
- Perth Cyclist, who is currently having fun with Google Maps bike directions. And there’s the same but different: Bicycle Perth.
- Ride Happy is the blog of pro road cyclist and attorney Lisa Jacobs.
- Andrew the Aus Hiker blogs about biking around Western Australia, with a focus on gear testing and advocacy.
- Sarah Wilson is a TV journalist in Australia who’s known for riding her bike and occasionally posts bike porn to her site.
- Rowena blogs about women and cycling at She Rides Cycling.
- Belles, Pedals and Chains features bike-oriented street photography.
- Bicycles In Newcastle focuses on bike advocacy activities there.
- Canberra Cycle Chic has roughly weekly photos of locals on bikes.
- Chronic Adventures!
- The Cycling Paradise of Townsville, Queensland.
- Freo Cycle Chic celebrates the beauty of bicycling.
- Mike has a Tumblr of bike photos he likes.
- Bike Adelaide South Australia.
- Groover blogs as Competitive Cycling to encourage other female riders to take up road cycling competitively and help overcome the difficulties female riders face in a male dominated sport. H/T Meli.
Now here’s a head scratcher for you: Why would I mention Tokyo By Bike in a list of Australian bike blogs?
A huge tip of the hat to Bike Style Spokane for their comprehensive list of women’s cycling blogs around the world. H/T too to Warren in Kansas, which is nowhere near Australia. And I still haven’t found a bike blog for Wollongong!
Thanks for the link mate 😉 have been checking out some of the other blogs on the list too before I go to the pub, happy Australia Day 😉
all australians i met in the bay area have been mighty fun
here is long time reader+also blogger, she wears lots of lycra and kicks butt, she drinks coffee and therefore we good int’l bloggie friends 🙂