San Mateo is on the San Francisco Peninsula, just north of where I work. The AP published a photo of the price at the pump at a Shell station, along with a suggested solution to the problem. (Hint: It has two wheels and no gasoline motor). Via Jym.
Other random stuff:
- I saw a really cool children’s book last night: Mike and the Bike by Mike Ward with a forward by Lance Armstrong and audio CD of the text of the bike by Mr. Phil Liggett himself. There’s even a Mike and the Bike blog.
- The Hybrid Debate Among the debates: Would drive more if our cars had a lower environment impact? Sponsored by Lexus.
- Bicycle Design reports on the bikes in China. He also includes a link to the Crazy Bicycles Design site, where you can vote on what you think of as the weirdest bike design.
- Patrik Sinkewitz banned until July 2008 for his confessed doping.
- I think most of you have seen the news of the “real bike shop” at a Walmart concept store in Highland Village, Texas.
- Because it’s that time of year: ICEBIKE, Bike Winter Chicago, Winter cycling forum, Winter Cycling page.
I’ve been laid up in bed for the past two days with a horrible head cold. I hope the rest of you all have a great weekend!