Here are the bike related April Fools blog posts I’ve seen so far…
- Ted engages in scatalogical humor with his clever bike lock with a proximity smart key that you swallow. He even has a faux Kickstarter project video in which he blames his wife for the idea.
- Lady Fleur brings her cat to work on her bike. You might see a familiar face in her photos of people looking for her cat.
- Has Streetsblog done April Fools before? Or is this story about traffic safety enforcement with clones a first for them?
- VeloNews annual tradition of fake news stories include Taylor Phinney perfume with a FAB hairdo, a remote control (and hackable) capability for Shimano Di2, and Andy Schleck on the cobbles of Paris Roubaix.
- Oh, Bike Radar also has a Di2 joke article.
- ShelBroCo Sounder warns pedestrians you’re about to him them.
- reader survey about pastries and the number of bikes you’d like to own.
- Hum of the City pranked her own kid!
- Bike Snob and April Fools commentary.
- Guitar Ted reports the Fat Bike trend is OVER (say it like Fred Armisen’s hipster character in Portlandia).
- Everybody has seen Google Map’s Treasure mode by now, but did you also notice the special Streetview look?
- A bike brand announced by Bike Hugger.
- Bike Share announces fixed gear bikes for hire.
- The Mission Metro features three shifters — “Two handlebar mounted twist shifters with microSHIFT technology, plus a single ergonomic down tube shifter for when that’s convenient” — for 36 gears. Also: 12 reflectors, quick release crank arms, two kickstands,
- USA Cycling purchased by NASCAR.
- Toronto to get $500 million bike lane network.
- Lovely Bicycles says “Чудный Вéлик!” and I say “Zdorovʹye.”
Thank you for these reader contributions
Did anybody notice the April Fools story that I hid in this morning’s news roundup? What other stories have you seen or heard of today?