An ad campaign from the Motor Accident Commission (MAC) of South Australia capitalizes on the ‘creeps and weirdos’ stereotype of bike riders and public transportation riders to encourage safe driving.
The MAC safety campaign for young drivers aims to show the horrific consequences of driving irresponsibly. You might be forced to ride a bicycle to get around!
In their list of “You know you’re screwed” from losing your license, the South Australian government includes these wonderful gems.
- After lining up for 10 minutes in the rain the drive thru girl says “sorry, we don’t serve pedestrians.”
- You attempt to chat up the girls in the car next to you on rollerblades.
- You’re caught in an electrical storm, you’re half way home and you’re on a bike.
- The creepy guy on the bus has just made eye contact.
- You keep catching your hot date staring at your helmet hair.
- You find yourself buying shoes for comfort not design.
Via Melbourne Urbanist.
Most of the discussion seems to be happening at this Google Plus page.