You’re invited to join me on my 32 mile ride “over the hill” from Scotts Valley to Santa Clara on Bike to Work Day, Thursday, May 9, 2013.
I plan to start about 6:30 AM. The queue sheet below matches the map showing my route to Los Gatos from my home on the south end of Scotts Valley:
- Scotts Valley Drive
- Left to Glenwood Drive
- Left Mountain Charlie Road
- Right on Summit Road bridge over Highway 17
- Left to Mountain Charlie Road
- Left on Old Santa Cruz Highway
- Continue onto Highway 17 alongside Lexington Reservoir (or optionally use the social trail along the lake)
- Right exit to Alma Bridge Road
- Left onto Los Gatos Creek Trail
- Exit trail at Main Street, Los Gatos
- Left to Main Street
- Right on Santa Cruz Avenue
- Santa Cruz Avenue becomes Winchester Boulevard
From Winchester I usually continue to my office via San Tomas Expressway, but I traditionally make a tour of Bike To Work Day Energizer Stations. The Silicon Valley Energizer Station map shows breakfast stations I can stop by at:
- Barracuda Networks, Chapman & Winchester, Campbell
- Campbell Park on Campbell AVe on the Los Gatos Creek Trail (hosted by eBay and requires a significant detour so I’ll probably skip it)
- San Tomas Expressway at El Camino Real (hosted by Bike Soiree and The Off Ramp bike shop)
- nVidia Corporation, Walsh Avenue and San Tomas Expressway
- San Tomas Aquino Trail at Agnew (hosted by the City of Santa Clara Bicycle Advisory Committee), assuming I can arrive there by 9 AM.
From Scotts Valley to the Summit takes me about an hour, and then plan another hour to reach the San Tomas Aquino Trail at Walsh assuming I don’t run into anyone I know at the Energizer Stations. Let me know if you’d like to join me for this ride.