Give your input to the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) using an online mapping tool as VTA updates the countwide bike plan.
The mapping tool allows you to add desired routes and highlight problem spots. You can also point out the good points, so planners can better understand the importance of existing infrastructure to current users. You can also upvote and downvote contributions from other users.
Besides recommendations for trails all around the county, some contributions so far include:
- Better placement of beg buttons
- Paving popular unpaved trails
- Remove fence chicanes and bollards
- “Contraflow” bike lanes along one-way streets
- Identifying and fixing difficult merges / mixing zones.
You get the idea. To contribute your own suggestions, please visit Bikeplan.VTA.org and start clicking away.