Recumbent & Tandem Rider Magazine presents their first annual Recumbent Cycle-Con Convention & Trade Show, which they describe as “an exciting, all-new event designed specifically for the recumbent bicycle industry and recumbent bicycle enthusiasts.”
- Where: Pomona Fairplex, location of the Los Angeles County Fair, in Pomona, CA. Recumbent Cycle-Con organizers brag about the easy freeway access but make no mention of public transportation. The Pomona Fairplex features 7 acres of indoor exhibition space and over 250 acres of parking!
- Public transportation options to Pomona Fairplex:
- Pomona North Metrolink station on the Metrolink San Bernardino Line. The station is 2 miles from the Fairplex. Foothills Transit 197 will take you straight to the fairgrounds. The bus stop is 700 yards south of the train station on Arrow Highway. Metrolink trains limit bikes on board to six foot in length. Your trike may or may not be allowed on board.
- Downtown Pomona Metrolink station on the Riverside Line is 2 miles from the Fairplex. Foothills Transit 197 stops at this station.
- Foothills Transit 197 runs every half hour during the weekday commute time, hourly from 8:30 to 3:30. Weekends are hourly from 7 AM to 7 PM. Foothill Transit buses are equipped with bike racks that probably don’t accommodate your recumbent.
- Amtrak Texas Eagle and Sunset Limited trains stop at Downtown Pomona station. This is an unstaffed station with no checked baggage service.
- When: Industry-only show Friday & Saturday, October 21-22, 7 AM to 5 PM. Consumer show on Sunday, October 23, 10 AM to 6 PM.
- How Much: $20 for industry show registration, $10 for the consumer show.