On the survey, I asked what northern California bicycle blogs you visited. Personally, I think of NorCal is the region north of the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento, but in common usage the SF Bay Area and even the Monterey Bay area are included — I see a lot of Nor*Cal logos on trucks and surfboards around Santa Cruz, for instance. For Cyclelicious I’ll use the common usage because, frankly, there aren’t that many people in Chico, Redding, Eureka and Arcata, California.
Here are the blogs you mentioned:
- Jim G’s SF Cyclotouring is about cycle touring from San Francisco.
- Ramblings from Cyclofiend in the Bay Area.
- How To Avoid the Bummerlife is Swobo’s hugely popular, professionally written and slickly produced marketing blog out of Marin County, California.
- Somebody mentioned Naoto’s Hole In The Wall blog. I happen to work at the same company as Naoto.
- 295 Bus is about transportation issues on the Peninsula.
- NorCal MTB Racing
- Get Hot 81 is a San Francisco Bicycle Messenger.
- Velogirl bikes around San Mateo, California.
- Paul Dorn writes Bike Commute Tips Blog from Sacramento, California.
- BikeScape on bikes and space.
Elsewhere in California
- Somebody mentioned that Commute By Bike covers cycling as transportation in the South Bay, and that’s because I’m a contributor there.
- Somebody also mentioned C.I.C.L.E., which is a very good resource that I follow in Los Angeles.
There are, of course, several others in Northern California and elsewhere around the Golden State. Feel free to post links to your favorites and your own blogs in the comments!