Meet Matthew Modine (Private Joker in “Full Metal Jacket”) as he rides his bike on Tuesday, July 15 through Brooklyn and the Lower East Side. He’ll stop at a number of local bike shops to spread awareness about his September 20th event – Bicycle for a Day.
Bicycle For A Day (BFAD) takes place September 20, 2008 and is:
• a fun, open and proactive invitation designed to inspire individuals, communities, governments and corporations to take a step towards solving the current environmental issues.
• a global initiative bringing together people who choose to ride a bicycle rather than use gas-powered motor vehicles, immediately reducing their carbon footprint.
• supports organizations that restore and protect our environment and make biking safer and more accessible for everyone.
Modine will start the ride on Tuesday at 4:30 PM and stop at these locations:
- DUMBO, 35 Pearl Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
- Bay Ridge Bicycle World, 8916 3rd Ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11209.
- B’s Bikes, 262 Driggs Ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11222.
- Nelson’s Bicycle Shop, 251 Bushwick Ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11206.
- Continuum Cycles, 199 Ave B, New York, NY, 10009.
- Frank’s Bike Shop, 553 Grand St, New York, NY, 10002
- Track Star, 231 Eldridge St, New York, NY, 10002
- NYC Velo, 64 2nd Ave, New York, NY, 10003
Matt Modine’s ride concludes with an Art Show to support BFAD at Phebe’s Tavern, 361 Bowery, New York, NY 10003.