Those who entered their email addresses during The Great Cyclelicious Survey had a chance to win the CycleAware Stow Away bag. I picked an email address on May 7 and sent an email to “Saab Story,” but I haven’t heard back. If I don’t hear from you by 10 AM on Friday, May 23, I’m going to pick another name from the hat.
Thanks to those who responded to the survey. Some factoids and observations:
- 18% of respondents report that you’re from the San Francisco Bay Area, with another 11% from elsewhere in California. The 29% of survey respondents in California compares against 19% reported by my web logs.
- Most of you are interested in transportational cycling and “bike culture,” though a significant number are also interested in professional road cycling and any kind of cycling for personal fitness. Several pointed out an important category that I missed: Cyclocross! One of the more interesting uses for a bike: “Using my bikes to explore port that my ship pulls into.”
- When you read other blogs, most of you read cycling blogs without a regional focus. Most of you also avoid regional bike blogs. In other words, you seem to like the general purpose bike blogs over the ones with a local focus.
- The overwhelming response from “the money question” was that Cyclelicious should remain general purpose. I got a ton of comments on that question, with most of you saying I shouldn’t narrow the focus. If anything, I should perhaps add northern California content but only if I don’t sacrifice the more general news, links and information.
- I got a lot of good feedback and words of encouragement on the comments. I really appreciate that and it means a lot to me.
Again, I really appreciate the notes you’ve sent. I aim to please!
And Saab Story, if you want that bag you need to respond to me with your mailing address!