A youth who tried to steal a bicycle was severely beaten up by a mob on Friday. The policemen who had rescued the youth left him and fled after being targeted by the mob.
The incident occurred around 3 pm at Bally in Howrah. Aparesh Mukherjee, who owns a medicine shop at Bally market, had kept his bicycle near the gate of the shop. The 24-year-old youth, who was loitering around, tried to steal it. Seeing him do so, locals started thrashing him mercilessly.
The policemen rushed to the spot and rescued the youth, who had became unconscious by then. The policemen also arrested two persons from the mob.
However, soon the other locals blocked the policemen’s way and demanded that the two be released. With the situation almost out of control, the policemen fled the spot, leaving the youth at the mercy of the mob.
The youth lay unconscious on the road for nearly an hour after which some other locals took him to Jaiswal Hospital. He was not in a condition to speak and is yet to be identified.
- Cyclelicious » I read the news today… on Santa Cruz County Mountain Charlie Road
- Richard Masoner on Santa Cruz County Mountain Charlie Road
- Cyclelicious » I read the news today… on Demon possessed car causes fatal accident on Vasco Road
- Anonymous on Santa Cruz County Mountain Charlie Road
- Richard Masoner on How to embed those free Getty images