Caltrain staff have modified their proposals to help the peninsula commuter rail agency save money. Gone are the proposals to eliminate weekend service and hike fares. Instead, Caltrain staff will bring to the Caltrain board meeting tomorrow their proposals to:
- Reduce weekday midday service to one train per hour.
- Increase the price of the Go Pass from two zones to three zones.
- Increase parking prices to $3/day and $30/month.
Murph has these further proposals for Caltrain:
- Going to a limited schedule on the weekends, instead of serving all stops like they currently do.
- VTA, SamTrans and Caltrain coordinate weekend bus and train schedules for service to and from the un-served stations.
If you want to comment on the plan, show up at the Caltrain Joint Powers Board meeting 10 a.m. Thursday morning at the SamTrans building in San Carlos (one block away from the San Carlos Caltrain station).