One Missouri college town that takes pride in its bike-friendly status is threatening jail time for motorists who aren’t so friendly.
The Columbia City Council heard from a steady succession of cyclists who’ve been victims of road rage — including a bike shop owner who was pistol-whipped — before unanimously approving a new ordinance Monday night. It makes harassing cyclists a misdemeanor, punishable by stiff fines or a year in jail.
- Johny on Kim Kardashian rides a bicycle
- Morning Links: A long list of good and bad Good Friday bike news | BikinginLA on Gabriel Garcia Marquez on Bogota’s “Cycling Fever”
- Memo to Metro CEO Art Leahy: They’re Called Bicycle Boulevards | Streetsblog Los Angeles on A bike boulevard, Google bike directions, and an unnecessary detour
- Mark on About Cyclelicious
- Rebecca Rosenblatt - SMSO Public Information Officer on #ReplaceBikeWithCar Portola Valley California