One Missouri college town that takes pride in its bike-friendly status is threatening jail time for motorists who aren’t so friendly.
The Columbia City Council heard from a steady succession of cyclists who’ve been victims of road rage — including a bike shop owner who was pistol-whipped — before unanimously approving a new ordinance Monday night. It makes harassing cyclists a misdemeanor, punishable by stiff fines or a year in jail.
- Today’s Headlines | Streetsblog San Francisco on Salinas Ciclovia August 25 2013
- Anonymous on Three days of pro cycling in the San Francisco Bay Area this weekend
- Sarah Joseph on What does a 250 watt bicycle motor mean?
- Today’s Headlines | Streetsblog Los Angeles on California DMV publishes new cyclist safety web page
- ZA_SF on California DMV publishes new cyclist safety web page