Here are some of the bike events and shows I plan to do, attend, or cover in 2010. I hope to see you at some of these things.
- Mountain Biking in Santa Cruz this weekend.
- North American Handmade Bicycle Show will be in Richmond, VA February 26 – 28. I won’t be there personally; Heather Higgins (who I met on the Taiwan trip) has agreed to cover this show for me.
- A Northern California Criterium sometime this Spring, assuming sponsorship to hold these events is available (cross your fingers). I’d go to watch and take photos. I’m open to suggestions.
- Sea Otter Classic is the big bike consumer show associated with bike races in Monterey, California. This year, the Sea Otter organizers have added a Gran Fondo. Since I ride my bike from Santa Cruz to the venue at Laguna Seca, I’ve already had my Gran Fondo riding in for the week. Sea Otter takes place from April 15 to 18.
- California Bike to Work Day on May 13, 2010. I typically do a Tour of South Bay BTWD Energizer Stations in the morning, but I’ve already been invited to attend some BTWD events in San Francisco. What to do?
- Tour of California takes place May 16 to 23. Like the past couple of years, I’ll be at the Northern California stages.
- Tour de France will take place July 3 to July 25. I won’t be there but just do my usual links to other authoritative sources like I’ve done in the past.
- A Charity Ride (TBD). It’s been a few years since my family and I have participated in a charity ride. Which Bay Area ride should we do this year?
- Interbike, September 20 – 24 in Vegas, Baby. Of course I’ll be at North America’s biggest bike show, unless I end up on another last minute whirlwind adventure.
- San Francisco Bike Expo November 2010 sometime.
What else should I add to my list?