Who in your community as exemplified excellence in pedestrian and bicycle advocacy?
The Alliance for Biking and Walking is accepting nominations through December 18 2011 to recognize those outstanding people who make a difference in bicycle and walking advocacy. The Alliance plans to recognize five people in these categories:
- Advocate of the Year – This award goes to an individual leader of a bicycling and/or walking advocacy organization who has shown tireless commitment to promoting bicycling and walking in his/her state/community. This person goes above and beyond the call of duty to transform his/her state/community into a great place for biking and walking. His or her time, knowledge, creativity, and commitment are the highest standard of excellence exemplifying a role model for peers.
- Susie Stephens Joyful Enthusiasm Award – This award commemorates Susie Stephens, one of the Alliance’s founders and an enduring inspiration for many members of the bicycle and pedestrian movement. The honor goes to an individual who carries on Susie’s passion for advocating for bicycling as a fun and economical means of transportation, as well as creating a safe biking and walking environment for all.
- Advocacy Organization of the Year – This award goes to a bicycling and/or walking advocacy organization who, in the past year, made significant progress. Their leaders have worked tirelessly together to grow and strengthen their organization and fulfill their mission. The proof of their efforts is in the growth of their capacity and programs and the victories they have achieved for biking and walking in their state/community.
- Winning Campaign of the Year – This award goes to an organization for a winning campaign, in the last year, which has had the biggest impact for bicycling and walking. Their victory will dramatically increase biking and walking in their state/community or will dramatically shift the way that biking and walking are considered.
- Business Advocate of the Year – This award goes to a business, corporation or corporate employee who have constantly championed the cause of bicycling and walking advocacy. The time, money, and energy they have invested are evidence of their commitment to promoting bicycling and walking for healthier communities and sustainable transportation choices.
Anybody may submit nominations to the Alliance; this is not limited to Alliance members.
Who do you believe is worthy of recognition?
P.S. to San Francisco: Supermarket Street Sweep Saturday!
i choose you pikachu! (i’d vote for Richard)
Excellent Info. Tweeted about it. I?l bookmark this post too.
Copiers New York
flower gift shops