Bicycle computer instruction manuals refreshed March 8, 2013. I added links for Topeak, Polar, Blackburn, Serfas and VDO and included a comment about computers purchased from mass-merchant retailers.
If you did “fall back” for the end of Daylight Savings Time, your bicycle computer is now an hour fast and you probably have no idea how to reset the time on your bike computer.
Several bike computer manuals are available online as PDF files. Here are the ones I’ve found, but there are many more bike computers today than were available in 2005; please feel free to list any I’ve missed in the comments.
- Trek owners manuals.
- Cateye manuals.
- Performance bike computer manuals for Ascent, Axiom and other models.
- Avocet manuals.
- Vetta cycling computer manuals.
- Garmin product manuals. (not actually necessary since they’ll update automagically)
- Knog Technical manuals.
- Specialized manuals.
- Sigma Sport.
- Planet Bike manuals.
- Topeak bicycle computer manuals
- Polar heart rate monitor support
- VDO cyclecomputing instruction manuals
- Blackburn Design cyclocomputer support
- Bell Sports wireless speedometer manual
- Schwinn 12 function bicycle computer manual.
- For Serfas bike computer manuals, select your model from the bike computers product page and download the manual for the model. It doesn’t appear manuals for older models are archived anywhere.
My top secret tip: I don’t change the time in the fall, so when it comes time to Spring Forward I’m back to the correct time on my bike computers. Hurray!
If you want a new cycle computer and want to support Cyclelicious at the same time, I have about 30 pages worth of bike computers listed in the Cyclelicious Amazon Affiliate shop. They’re listed approximately in order of popularity.
I’m seeing more requests for manuals from inexpensive, off-brand computers purchased from mass retailers. These manuals are not available online. If somebody wants to scan a manual I’ll be glad to post it up or link to it.