Recumbent & Tandem Rider Magazine presents their first annual Recumbent Cycle-Con Convention & Trade Show, which they describe as “an exciting, all-new event designed specifically for the recumbent bicycle industry and recumbent bicycle enthusiasts.”
- Where: Pomona Fairplex, location of the Los Angeles County Fair, in Pomona, CA. Recumbent Cycle-Con organizers brag about the easy freeway access but make no mention of public transportation. The Pomona Fairplex features 7 acres of indoor exhibition space and over 250 acres of parking!
- Public transportation options to Pomona Fairplex:
- Pomona North Metrolink station on the Metrolink San Bernardino Line. The station is 2 miles from the Fairplex. Foothills Transit 197 will take you straight to the fairgrounds. The bus stop is 700 yards south of the train station on Arrow Highway. Metrolink trains limit bikes on board to six foot in length. Your trike may or may not be allowed on board.
- Downtown Pomona Metrolink station on the Riverside Line is 2 miles from the Fairplex. Foothills Transit 197 stops at this station.
- Foothills Transit 197 runs every half hour during the weekday commute time, hourly from 8:30 to 3:30. Weekends are hourly from 7 AM to 7 PM. Foothill Transit buses are equipped with bike racks that probably don’t accommodate your recumbent.
- Amtrak Texas Eagle and Sunset Limited trains stop at Downtown Pomona station. This is an unstaffed station with no checked baggage service.
- When: Industry-only show Friday & Saturday, October 21-22, 7 AM to 5 PM. Consumer show on Sunday, October 23, 10 AM to 6 PM.
- How Much: $20 for industry show registration, $10 for the consumer show.
Visit Recumbent Cycle-Con blogspot page for a list of dealers, seminars, and other information. H/T to Edwin.
Recumbents are a con (couldn’t stop myself).
i wonder if it’s actually gonna happen this year… Last year fell through
I *thought* I heard about a previous attempt, but didn’t remember.
they did hold one two years ago (the first one) but skipped last year to kinda regroup and rethink it. First year was well attended and fun. Hoping this one will be too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR1XBcZ_vwk
We’re glad you enjoyed the first Recumbent Cycle-Con Trade Show & Convention! We felt that it was a good beginning and we are working hard to make this show even bigger with more bikes and exhibits. The decision to produce the RC-C as a biennial (every two years) event was made shortly after our first show in 2011. Most of the recumbent businesses – manufacturers, distributors, and dealers – are small companies, compared to the ‘standard’ bicycle industry. Many of the recumbent manufacturers/distributors also participate in September each year at the Interbike Trade Show, in Las Vegas. The expense and logistics of exhibiting at two bicycle trade shows per year – with dates fairly close together – is tough on these relatively small companies. Additionally, attending two trade shows close to each other in the same season is tough on the budgets of the recumbent dealers. Now dealers can attend the Recumbent Cycle-Con Trade Show & Convention one year, and attend Interbike the next year. Many of the leading recumbent manufactures introduced new models at the 2011 RC-C, don’t miss your chance to see all that’s new on November 1,2 & 3, 2013.
Recumbent & Tandem Rider Magazine
P.O. Box 337
San Dimas, CA 91773