Good news folks: there were a lot of bicycle gigs advertised this week. Before I get into my favorites I’d like to give you some quick information on how I find these jobs. My main source is a simple RSS feed (I use Google Reader) of job listings from about 75 cities on Craigslist. This is basically an alert system that tells me if the word bicycle pops up in a job ad. Feel free to contact me if you’d like more details about this process.
I also regularly check:
- United Bicycle Institute Job Postings
- Outdoor Industry Jobs
- Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN) Classifieds
- “Bicycle” search on Indeed
And now for the best jobs of the week:
Jobs where you get paid to ride a bike:
- Peddler’s Creamery makes dairy and non-dairy ice cream using bicycle power. How cool is that? They are currently hiring all positions including human motors. I know I’ll be stopping by the next time I’m in L.A.
- Ride your bike and fix mobile phones with Cheetah Repair, a Downtown Charlotte startup.
- Parks and Trails New York in Albany runs two major bike tours each year to promote parks and heritage tourism. They are seeking an Assistant Bike Tour Director.
- Ride your bike around Orange Country advertising an undisclosed something for $15/hr.
- Canyon Ranch on the outskirts of Tucson, AZ is looking for a Hiking and Biking Guide.
Other awesome jobs:
- Are you “gnar”? Do you like to juggle? Ever thought about modeling? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you might like to join this unnamed San Diego bicycle accessory business as their Marketing/Executive Assistant/Promo Model/Juggler.
- If you’ve been in shops for a while and are considering leaving the retail world, BTI, a bicycle parts distributor based in Santa Fe, is looking for a Customer Service Representative.
- Young’s Bicycle Shop on Nantucket Island is staffing up for next season. Looks like a pretty interesting place to work. A couple of positions are being advertised near the top of the UBI Job Listings page.
- Wheels Manufacturing is hiring an Inside Sales Rep.
- Leader Bikes is also looking for an Inside Sales/Customer Support dude or gal.
- Performance Bicycle needs a Full-time Image Retoucher with design experience at their corporate offices in Chapel Hill, NC.
- Park-a-Bike handles the necessary (and slightly boring) job of designing and selling bicycle parking solutions to businesses. They are looking for a Content Writer.
- If you have a background in communications or public relations, the city of Kansas City is looking for a Public Affairs Coordinator to join a team charged with increasing opportunities for cyclists, pedestrians and ride-sharers.
- The American Diabetes Association of Western PA is seeking a Special Events Intern for the first half of 2013 to assist with the popular Tour de Cure Bicycle Ride.
- Salt Lake County has an interesting Bicycle Ambassador Program. They need a Grad-school Intern to coordinate stuff.
- Bike sharing is on the rise; heck, even I’ve tried it out. You can get involved with the New York City Bike Share as their next Skilled Bike Mechanic.
- …and if you’re truly dedicated to social change and utilitarian cycling – and you have some serious operational skills – you could be the next Director of Fundraising and Events at Bikes Not Bombs.
Thanks for reading and good luck! Please comment below if you have any questions or tips. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn or by email.