I haven’t been to Southern California since the 1980s so I had to look up Mountain High, which is a ski resort in the San Gabriel Mountains about 80 miles from Los Angeles. This probably means a Mount Baldy ascent for the 2014 Amgen Tour of California, which announced host cities for their 9th edition of the professional road stage race.
The race begins May 11, 2014 at the California state Capital Building in Sacramento. Here are the start and finish host cities for the Tour of California.
- Stage 1: Sacramento – Sacramento.
- Stage 2: Folsom (individual time trial)
- Stage 3: San Jose – Mount Diablo
- Stage 4: Monterey – Cambria
- Stage 5: Pismo Beach – Santa Barbara
- Stage 6: Santa Clarita – Mountain High
- Stage 7: Santa Clarita – Pasadena
- Stage 8: Thousand Oaks – Thousand Oaks
For some of these pairs, potential routes aren’t too hard to figure out. Routes will be announced after the new year.