Hi everyone! Funding for bicycle advocacy and infrastructure on the local level must be doing alright because a bunch of jobs just became available in the past few weeks. See below for details – and remember to connect with me on LinkedIn or stop by my local bike shop to say hello.
- If you’ve got some serious transportation planning credentials, apply to be the South Bay Bicycle Coalition’s next Executive Director. (Manhattan Beach, CA)
- …or if you prefer cross-country skiing to surfing, you can throw your hat in the ring to become the next Executive Director at Greater Grand Rapid Bicycle Coalition (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Trailnet has been promoting active living in the St. Louis area for the last 25 years. They are currently seeking a Transportation Program Manager. (St. Louis, MO)
- CycLAvia, a Los Angeles-based group that organizes large car-free events on city streets, is hiring a Director of Development. (Los Angeles, CA)
- Savannah Bicycle Campaign is looking for an Executive Director whose mission will be to “develop innovative programs for bicycling education… and to promote sustainable transportation in one of America’s most beautiful, quirky and diverse cities.” Not too shabby. (Savannah, GA)
- Washington University of St. Louis is hiring an Alternative Transportation Coordinator who will develop educational programs in addition to chairing the Bicycle Pedestrian Access Committee. (St. Louis, MO) - NOTE: On this one you may need to click the link, hit the back button, and then click again; not sure why.
- The Active Transportation Alliance runs a Bicycle Ambassador program for the City of Chicago. They are looking to add a few Seasonal Bicycle Ambassadors at a pretty reasonable wage. (Chicago, IL)
- Phoenix Bikes is a non-profit bike shop based in Arlington, VA that specializes in after-school programming for kids aged 12-18. They are seeking an experienced Education and Outreach Coordinator.
- Grassroots Bikes, a 100% volunteer run shop in Durham, NC, is on a mission to find a progressive thinking, community supporting, bike fixing, kid loving, creative partner. (Durham, NC)
- Bike sharing is blowing up! One of the main companies providing this service to cities is Alta Share. They have quite a few positions available these days. (Bay area, Chattanooga, Chicago, Columbus, DC, NYC, and so on)
- Speaking of bike sharing, Kansas City runs a bike share program through a company called B-Cycle and they need an Operations Manager. (Kansas City, MO)
- Escapade Custom does custom printing for bike shops that want their logos on anything from seat bags to jerseys to bells. They are looking for a Customer Support Rep/Inside Sales Assistant. (Carlsbad, CA)
- Reynolds Cycling is hiring a full-time CNC Machinist. (West Jordan, UT)
- Strava has quickly become the go-to app for the data-obsessed athlete. If you’re in the Bay Area you could be their next Technical Support Representative. (San Francisco, CA)
- …and DB Co-op is a Brooklyn-based organization exploring the frontier of human and electric powered vehicles. They are in need of a Mechanical Engineer for Human Power. (Williamsburg, NY)