Hi everyone! My apologies for not posting about bicycle jobs in a while. I’ve been super busy with a major design project at Plano Cycling & Fitness. Did you know we sell every Brooks saddle at prices that beat Amazon? We think that’s pretty cool.
Okay, now that my shameless promotion is out of the way, let’s get to the coolest and most interesting bike jobs I’ve found lately:
Bike sharing has taken off in a few major metro areas since we last spoke, including Chicago, IL and my town of Fort Worth, TX. It’s no surprise that they’re looking for some dedicated people to add to their support staff.
Bike Sharing Jobs:
- Divvy, Chicago’s bike sharing service will be rolling out this June. They are looking to fill the following positions (Chicago, IL):
- This one’s a bit old, but it looks like Kansas City B-Cycle may still be looking for Street Team Evangelists. (Kansas City, MO)
- Alta Planning, the parent company behind many of the country’s Bike Sharing programs, is looking for a part-time, temporary Graphic Designer. (Portland, OR)
Other Bicycle Jobs:
- ARAMARK, the service provider behind all sorts of parks and public facilities, runs operations for Zephyr Cove Resort on the southern end of Lake Tahoe (location). I worked a similar job for a summer on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and it was a total blast. They are hiring for a few positions in their bike shop:
- It looks like Giant Bicycles is building a bicycle fitting program to rival Specialized’s Body Geometry system. They are looking for a Global Right Ride Manager to develop, manage, and implement that program. (Location unknown)
- VeloSF, a cycling and fitness club in the Financial District, is looking for a General Manager. Apparently they have a bicycle valet! (San Francisco, CA)
- Seven Cycles makes beautiful steel, carbon and titanium bicycles with lean manufacturing techniques. They are in need of a Customer Service Guru. (Watertown, MA)
- An unnamed bike shop in Sacramento, CA is looking for an experienced Graphic Designer with marketing and social media experience. This is very similar to what I do, so let me know if you have any questions about this kind of work. (Sacramento, CA)
- Cyclone Bicycle Supply is a burgeoning parts supplier based in Portland, OR. They are seeking a Purchasing/Inventory Control Analyst. (Portland, OR)
- Adventure Cycling Association works to “inspire and empower people to travel by bicycle.” You can help them reach that lofty goal as their next Web Developer with Cold Fusion experience. (Missoula, MT)
- Neighborhood Bike Works provides educational, recreational, and career-building opportunities to underserved youth through bicycling. They are hiring an Outreach Coordinator for special events and volunteer recruitment. (Philadelphia, PA)
- MassBike promotes bicycle-friendly legislation, improved bicycle access, and motorist education while encouraging people to ride more. They are currently hiring two positions (Springfield, MA):
Thanks for reading folks. Feel free to email me or join me on LinkedIn. Happy Bike Month!