Hi all, tomorrow’s regularly scheduled San Jose Bike Train has been cancelled. Feel free to show up, but the ride leaders won’t be there so bring a friend. Perhaps a little ironically, I have to cancel this ride because so much wonderful bikey stuff is going on. Details of these bike opportunities below the photo.
Several Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition BikePool rides happen Wednesday, April 15, 2015. You have the opportunity to join a group ride to downtown San Jose from these locations:
- BikePool from Almaden meets 7:30 AM at McAbee and Almaden Expressway (Sonoma Chicken Coop parking lot). No ride leader this time but you can expect to find a couple of regulars; post a note to the Facebook event page to let them know you’ll be there.
- BikePool from Willow Glen meets 7:45 AM at Lincoln and Curtner. Facebook event page. Martin Delson normally leads this ride.
- BikePool from Berryessa departs 7:45 Hostetter Light Rail Station. Facebook event page. SVBC Deputy Directory Colin Heyne leads this ride.
BikePool plans a big push for Earth Day next week on Wednesday, April 22, with several routes converging into downtown San Jose.
Bike To Shop Day Challenge
The Silicon Valley Bike To Shop Day Challenge continues. Submit your photo of your bike on a shopping trip for a chance to win prizes. It’s that easy! Your shopping trip can be as simple as a donut, or as ambitious as stocking up at a warehouse store.
I’m making my annual 52-mile trek to the Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, CA, which begins Thursday, April 16, 2015. I’m told the Sea Otter Festival is the largest consumer bike show in North America. I’ll bike there and back from Santa Cruz on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. You’re welcome to join me; be warned the final mile to the event grounds at Laguna Seca looks like this.
Alex of the Box Bike Collective in Santa Cruz says he plans to bike up that hill with his cargo bike.
On Saturday, I’ll record a special edition of The Spokesman Cycling Roundtable podcast with Carlton Reid, Gary Fisher, Paul Skillbeck, Chris Smith, and Julie Kelly from the Sea Otter Media Center.
- Levi’s Women’s Commuter Launch Party takes place Thursday night, April 16, 6pm – 9pm at Huckleberry Bicycles, 1073 Market Street, San Francisco, CA. RSVP required; free but reservations may be gone by the time you read this.
- Earth Day Santa Cruz on Saturday, April 18.
- Bike East Bay Urban Cycling Workshop in Dublin, CA on Saturday, April 18.
- Several Urban Cycling Workshops for the South Bay and Peninsula.
- Ride to Willow Glen from downtown San Jose to to check out the new trial road diet and bike lanes on Lincoln Avenue. I’ve tried the reconfigured roadway and it’s a dream to ride.
- Silicon Valley Bikes! Festival and Bike Show Sunday, May 3.