The I Walk I Bike I Vote Board of Directors sent the five questions below to candidates Tim Orozco and Mahn Nguyen for District 4 City Council Election on June 23. District 4 encompasses Berryessa, Alviso, and North San Jose.
The deadline for the candidates to submit answers is Friday, May 22 at MIDNIGHT. Answers received on Saturday, May 23 at 12:01 am and afterwards will not be accepted. I Walk I Bike I Vote will announce its endorsement the following week. As of this writing, neither candiate has responded to this questionaire.
Each unanswered question will receive a score of 0. Each answered question will receive a score from 1 to 5, for a total possible 25 points. 1 is a terrible answer, 5 is a perfect answer. The candidate with the higher total score will receive our endorsement.
1. If elected, what would you do to ensure that San Jose achieves the Vision Zero goal of ending all traffic fatalities in the city by 2025? Why?
2. Which transportation infrastructure investments do you believe are the highest priorities to be included in the Valley Transportation Authority (VTA)’s anticipated November 2016 transportation sales tax measure? Why?
3. Do you support the modifications of Montague Expressway as proposed by Santa Clara County’s Roads and Airports Department? Why or why not?
4. If elected, what would you do to reduce motor vehicle traffic resulting from events at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara? Why?
5. Do you support raising San Jose’s minimum wage to $15/hour by 2020 and to $20/hour by 2025? Why or why not?