Don’t forget – the 8th Annual San Francisco Bicycle Expo takes place Saturday, November 21, 2015, 11AM to 5PM at the Cow Palace in Daly City.
There’s lots more going on before the heavy rain begins in a month or two.
- October 24 2015
Ride 25 miles on the Library 2 Library Bicycle Loop Tour, which visits several South Bay libraries.
Ride SF to Stinson Beach.
SF Bike Like a Girl: Roadbike up Hawk Hill.
SF Bikes to Books Autumn Annual Bicycle Tour
- October 25 2015 – The Bay Area Cargo Bike Collective presents the the San Jose Cargo Bike Festival at the San Jose Armory. This first-time event will showcase different types of cargo bikes, including bikes by local frame builders Josh Muir and the Box Bike Collective. If you have a cargo bike, you are invited to bring it along! Various cargo bikes will also be available for demo.
- October 27 2015 – The Stanford School of Medicine Health Improvement Program offers a class in “Safe & Confident Autumn/Winter Bicycling” for South Bay bike commuters. This class is for fair-weather bike commuters and recreational riders interested in tips for continuing to enjoy bicycling in colder weather, with shorter daylight hours, and/or when rain is predicted. Knowing how to dress for Bay Area winter weather and outfit your bike for drizzle and darkness can help you keep fit year-round. We’ll cover safety and basic commuting skills with photos and video, model clothing options for staying warm and dry, and demonstrate a variety of effective lights for your bike and helmet. There will be optional goal-setting for those who’d like to get started making a change within the next month. Bring questions and learn from two knowledgeable instructors. Instructors are League Cycling Instructor John Ciccarelli, League Cycling Instructor, and Jane Rosten, LCSW, HIP Coordinator of Environmental Behavior Change. For more information and to register, click through to Stanford’s class search page and enter the class code “bike-03” in the search box. I couldn’t figure out if there’s permalink for this, sorry.
- October 29 2015 – Sustainable Transportation Convening in Berkeley presented by the Berkeley Climate Action Coalition.
- October 30 2015 – Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition Annual Dinner.
- November 3 2015 – Night Riding Workshop in Berkeley, pre-registration required for this free event.
- November 14 2015 – Attend the first ever Santa Clara County Trails Forum, sponsored by TransForm, the Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, Santa Clara County Public Health, VTA, Rails To Trails Conservancy, Santa Clara County Parks, Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail and more.
- Get inspired by innovative examples of how trails anchor a community;
- Learn how trails support public health, the economy, and improved transportation;
- Share your ideas! We want to know what’s working and what’s needed to build a great trail system for our urban and natural areas;
- Hear from speakers and panelists, then visit as many topic-based information stations as you’d like … all while enjoying a complimentary lunch!
This free forum begins 10 AM at the Mountain View Community Center on Rengstorff. Pre-registration is required.
For bike races, charity rides, group rides and other bike events, always check The Calendar at Cycle California Magazine.