Let’s Get Moving: The Silicon Valley Transportation and Healthy Communities Summit takes place this Saturday in Cupertino, CA. Should you go?
TransForm CA organized this gathering to promote improved transportation networks and complete communities in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. The $30 late registration covers breakfast and lunch, training for effective involvement in deciding our region’s transportation future, and schmoozing with decision makers and other South Bay advocates.
Three tracks are available in this all-day conference.
- Advancing innovative and cost-effective transportation solutions.
- Creating complete communities that are accessible, sustainable, healthy, and equitable.
- Effectively participating in transportation and land use decision making.
Special Bonus Bike Ride: I will lead a 10 mile ride from Philz Coffee in downtown San Jose to the summit location. Pace will be about 12 MPH, route via Park, Naglee, Forest, Pruneridge, Tantau, and Stevens Creek. We depart 8 AM sharp. Please let me know if you would to participate. Bring a lock for bike parking.
This Transportation Summit takes place on the De Anza College Campus Center, Conference Rooms A & B.
VTA buses serving De Anza include:
- 23/323 (Alum Rock and downtown San Jose via San Carlos & Stevens Creek)
- 25 (Alum Rock via Bollinger, Williams, Fruitdale, Keyes & Story).
- 54 (Sunnyvale Caltrain, Lockheed Light Rail Station via Mathilda & Hollenbeck)
- 55 (Fair Oaks & ECR, Sunnyvale Caltrain, Great America Light Rail via Lawrence, Maude, Fair Oaks, Sunnyvale-Saratoga & De Anza)
A quick glance at Google Maps may suggest VTA 51 & 53, but those are weekday buses only.
If you drive, you’ll need to pay $5 for all day parking in the Flint Center Garage.
The conference provides shuttle transportation to and from Mountain View Caltrain; view the conference transportation guide for details.