I just heard this news from Ammon Skidmore and it hit me like a ton of bricks: LAB Board Member and cycling safety instructor Bruce Rosar was killed in an auto collision while cycling in Apex, North Carolina.
Bruce was well known for lecturing cyclists to ride safely and legally and was a stickler to the rules of the road. The local police report, however, that Bruce inexplicably turned left across the path of a Honda. The report is apparently based solely on the statement of the Honda’s driver. The other witness to the crash — Bruce — is unable to give his statement.
- Roadskater is a friend of Bruce.
- Commute Orlando: He made a difference.
- Discussion at Triangle Cycling forum (thank you to Jim T).
- LAB Statement on their home page.
- Bruce Rosar Bicycling Biography.
- Cyclingnews article, with a personal note.
- Cyclist killed
- Cyclist who led others killed.
- Photo from IndyWeek.com by Jeremy Lange.
Posted In news 2009