Five of the 19 businesses that either made the League of American Bicyclists’ list of Bicycle Friendly Businesses or their Honorable Mention list are located where I live in Santa Cruz County, California. They include:
- Ecology Action in Santa Cruz, a nonprofit environmental consultancy working to promote and help implement pragmatic changes to help improve the environment.
- California Giant Berry Farms in Watsonville, which prominently features there professional cycling team in all of their advertising.
- Santa Cruz Seaside Company in Santa Cruz operates the popular Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk amusement park.
- Beckmann’s Old World Bakery in Santa Cruz supports cycling advocacy in Santa Cruz and gives a 5% discount to customers who ride to the shop on their bicycles.
- Geo. H. Wilson, Inc. in Santa Cruz is a mechanical contractor specializing in HVAC and and steel fabrication.
See also San Francisco Bike Blog: Bay Area Companies Recognized as Bicycle Friendly Businesses.