The Commonwealth Club of Silicon Valley will host a “Bicycle Safety Town Hall” discussion on Saturday, June 28 beginning at 1 PM at San Jose City Council Chambers, 200 East Santa Clara St. in downtown San Jose.
This free event will feature:
- Congressmember James Oberstar, Chair House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Will Kempton, Director of Caltrans
- Carl Guardino (moderator), President & CEO Silicon Valley Leadership Group
A followup panel discussion begins at 2 PM with
- Lee Taubeneck, District Four Deputy Director for Planning, California Department of Transportation
- Ian McAvoy, Chief of Development, CalTrain
- Therese McMillan, Deputy Executive Director for Policy, San Francisco Bay Area Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- Corinne Winter, Executive Director, Santa Clara Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Chris Augenstein, Deputy Director of Planning, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
See more information about the Bicycle Safety Town Hall meeting at the Commonwealth Club of Silicon Valley and Friends of Guadalupe River Park & Garden. This Town Hall meeting is presented in assocation with with CalTrain, the City of San Jose, Guadalupe River Park and Gardens, Caltrans, MTC, VTA, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coaltion, Silicon Valley Leadership Group and the Mineta Transportation Institute.