The fifth annual SubZERO “street meets geek” DIY art festival takes place Friday night, June 1 2012 from 6 PM to midnight in San Jose SoFA (South of First Area). Expect to see a lot of bikes and art bikes and other bike geekery there from participants as well as from a number of featured vendors.
Join the block party on South First between San Carlos and Reed Streets for staged and impromptu artistic expressions. Among the participating vendors:
- Everybody who’s been to Bike Party knows about San Francisco-based BOOMBOTIX, who design and sell fun bike-mountable speaker systems. Boombotix.com.
- Downtown San Jose’s hipster bike boutique iMINUSD will be on hand looking appropriately jaded.
- POPS FABRICATION is San Jose framebuilder Matthew Anthony Rodriguez. Maybe you’ve seen his 8 Series bikes around town.
- Ride SFO will be on hand with their shirts and hats.
Other highlights to watch and listen for:
- YARD BOMB!
- San Jose Taiko.
- Dr Sketchy.
- Electronic music.
- Acoustic music.
- “Eclectic musical performance with obscure instruments.”
- Cielo Vertical Arts
- FOOD TRUCKS!
I’ll likely be there for part of this with my camera, so feel free to say hello.
More info –> San Jose SubZERO Festival.