- I’ve tracked at least 26 motorist fatalities in California this week as of this morning. These are DOA as handled by the CHP and pronounced on state highways. This does not include the cyclist killed by the 27-Bryant bus this morning in San Francisco.
- Driver in Menlo Park accidentally hit the gas, jumps the curb, and crushes a pair of six year old twin boys against a wall.
- SF Muni bus driver vs cyclist ends very badly for the cyclist this morning.
- Toyota Scion “went out of control for unknown reasons” on Highway 101 in Gilroy last night, killing the driver.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving and the CHP will hold a ceremony on the old eastern span of the Bay Bridge on November 9, 2013 to memorialize those killed in traffic on the bridge.
- Salinas police seek driver of hit-and-run vehicle that killed a man in a wheelchair last month.
- World Health Organization announces air pollution as a cause of cancer.
- Caltrans says they can’t legally limit the use of engine brakes to control noise near state highways.
- Airplane kills wild turkeys on Monterey runway. Cue groaners about road kill and Thanksgiving dinner.