This is tomorrow, folks! Get your tickets here. Sorry for the late notice.
As urban cycling expands by leaps and bounds, how is bicycle culture changing? The image and ethos of commuters, racers proponents of “cycle chic” and outlaw cycling vie with each other to define what it means to be an urban cyclist. Transportation Alternatives brings together leading pundits of bicycle culture to debate the bike culture issues:
* Do cyclists need to rehabilitate their public persona?
* To what extent should safety trump convenience and style?
* Will protected bike lanes segregate cyclists?
* Is Critical Mass a boon or a liability for the bike movement?
* What can be done about sexism in the cycling community?
Tagged bike culture | bike summit | New York | NYC | Transportation Alternatives