Update: Analysis of the verdict.
The New York police officer who allegedly body slammed a cyclist during a Critical Mass ride was found guilty of falsifying his report in which he claimed he the cyclist assaulted Pogan, and Pogan merely hit back in self defense.
Strangely, the jury acquitted Pogan of the assault charge, which is exactly what he lied about in his police report.
So, if Pogan didn’t actually assault Christopher Long, why exactly would Pogan lie about it?
- Streetsblog: Pogan Verdict: Jury Finds Ex-Cop Guilty of Cover-Up, Not Guilty of Assault
- Bad Lawyer NY expresses his surprise at the acquittal. “ You want to know what jury nullification is, go watch the video,” write Bad Lawyer.
- NY Times: Ex-Officer Guilty in Shove of Bicyclist
- Gothamist: Patrick Pogan Found Guilty of Falsifying Records, Not Assault
- Take the Lane.
- Engaging the media, which calls the Critical Mass a ride a “race”.