Happy USA Bike Month 2023! I intend to re-launch San Jose Bike Train Real Soon Now. This is a casual morning bike commute on the Guadalupe River Trail. We’ll begin in downtown San Jose from San Pedro Square Market for coffee from Voyager Craft Coffee, hit the trail, and ride north on the trail to River Oaks, with people peeling off along the way for their destinations that can include the Santa Clara County buildings, SJC Airport, and VTA HQ. The trail is mostly clear with some minor work still needed underneath Hwy 101. Please comment below for your thoughts on day of the week and start time.
Events and News
- Early registration is open for the Safe Routes to School Summit 2023, celebrating the People, Places, and Possibility of Safe Routes to School. This three-day virtual summit will be held October 24-26, featuring innovative presentations and networking opportunities for Safe Routes practitioners, partners, and champions. Early Bird registration opens today and continues until September 1. Learn more in this FAQ.
- The next Viva Calle San Jose takes place Sunday, June 11, 2023. Learn more https://www.vivacallesj.org/
- Santa Cruz County celebrates Bike Month with a Bike Challenge, encouraging participants to get around on two wheels and win prizes. Santa Cruz County Bike Challenge info.
- The Santa Cruz Mountains Trail Stewardship encourages you to take part in what they hope is their largest trail work day ever on National Trails Day. They’ll team up with over 20 other local organizations to host 19 different events throughout the Santa Cruz Mountains. After a morning of trail work, they’ll host a big after party at DeLaveaga Park. Learn more at their Trails Day event page.
- What do you think of solar panels as a shade covering over exposed bike paths?
- Cycle of Influence summit September 12-14, 2023 in Bentonville, Arkansas.
Remember: let me know what day and time works for a casual morning ride from downtown San Jose towards the Bay. And feel free to comment with your bike event and news below.